Sunday, January 4, 2009

Roughs

OK. Here's how I'll approach a lot of my assignments when I'm not joyously blasting away in my sketchbook. Very tight thumbnails.
Theses are actual size. It's a great way to knock out a lot of problems quickly and I often blow them up and ink 'em on a lightbox licketty-split. A lot of my "Tales from the Crypt" covers are done this way. If I stay focused and keep at it, I generally can move a full-color cover outta here overnight. I mean...err...That's a lie! This stuff takes me a real long time!...er...Damn you blog!!!! Seriously, being at it for 40 years I guess you do develop a bit of speed when needed. Too bad I can't keep up a level of production like this for a long time. I feel like I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown after a while. Drawing, drawing, Drawing...Phooey! Man I wanna walk around in the woods everyonce in a while. See a dinky bird or something.

2 comments:

  1. I know your pain, well on a small scale, like a paper cut to a broken arm, not the amount, but know that it's an amount that's not fun. The roughs for the first book looks great and is that the XJ9eR?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. That's the x-j-Niner! New pic of "The Beast" up today Dave!.
    -s

    ReplyDelete